"For fans of gothic style" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Gdansk Things to Do: 537 reviews and 1,498 photos
The roomy interior of the St. Brigid's Church consists of the three naves seperated by thick, brick columns. It's great place to see and study medieval, gothic architecture. The pattern of bricks on the church cross vaults, the modern main altar, Solidarity and Polish flags and, first of all, numerous historical monuments put on and along walls, make the place unique.
There are quite many visitors to this most famous Gdansk church. But for a foreign visitor, who can't speak Polish language, it maybe difficult to understand each monument and commemorative plaque. Most of them commemorate people and events which had to be skipped in official history books till 1989. The only solution to understand things is to hire a guide or... to read my next tips.
Address: Ul. Profesorska 17; 80-856 Gdańsk
Directions: Between the Old Town and the Main Town, back to St. Cathrine's church, 15 min. walk from the Main Railway Station (Gdansk Glowny).
Phone: +48 (58) 301-31-52
More Reviews (196)
- See All For rich and famous or unfamous
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels