"Not recommended" La Mariposa Hotel Tip by Evros

La Mariposa Hotel, Quepos: 1,230 reviews and 0 photos

Friends told me that La Mariposa hotel used to be one of the best hotels in Costa Rica 20 years ago. It seems that today it is only a distant memory of its celebrated past. Somehow it has not aged well. Some much needed renovations are missing and the staff members act like they are offering you superior service, when in fact they are not.
The view from the hotel is nice, but so is the view from a lot of other hotels in the area, which cost much less.
The new rooms are way too plain to be contemporary. I have stayed at much cheaper 3-star hotels with better rooms and bathrooms.
The service is impersonal. Usually, when I go to Cost Rica I get close with the staff members. By the end of my trip we are definitely on a first-name basis. I don?t think that anybody at the Mariposa ever learned my name.
The Mariposa is not worth the money and lacks the intangible qualities that a hotel should have. It is impersonal and way too expensive for what it offers. There are a lot of other hotels with a great view in the area that are more luxurious, have better hospitality and lower prices than the Mariposa.

Address: Manuel Antonio Beach
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +506 2777 0355