"A retreat" Snow King Retreat Tip by jmschief

Snow King Retreat, Shimla: 47 reviews and 2 photos

What a view
      What a view
    by jmschief
      one of the two bedroom chalets
    by jmschief

Our stay was absolutely wonderful, if you come up to Shimla you won't be here for the nightlife and this place is just an oasis away from all the noise and heat of Delhi.

You can have a choice of De-Luxe Rooms in the main part of the hotel or like us, you can stay in the Chalet type buildings which were gorgeous. Each morning opening the shutters to a Himalayan Sun Rise (providing we didn't consume too many beers the night before), and you take a stroll out in your slippers onto the patio and as if by magic someone is with you offering you Tea/Coffee and breakfast.

The staff really couldn't do enough even stretching to holding umbrellas over us when it rained!!!

Unique Qualities: The qualities are endless - you can leave the resort and trek pretty much in a 360 degree direction. Probably the nicest was going up to Fagu Top and visiting a temple, the trip up there was an eye-opener travelling past peoples little shacks and their own personal supply of cannabis plants!!

Food was excellent - either in the restaraunt or brought to the chalet or even the bar if you're only after nibbles.

The only problem is I can't tell anyone how much it is as I was staying their as a guest of the owner. That might mean I'm a bit biased but I would have gladly paid money for this stay!

Address: Fagu Top, Shimla
Directions: Approx. 22km up and out of Shimla
Phone: +91 98160 39666
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.snowkingretreat.com

• Written Sep 19, 2005

“'Dem Feet were made for Walking'”

Have you been to Shimla?