"Helicopter jaunt round cape of good hope" Cape Town Sports & Outdoors Tip by jmschief

Cape Town Sports & Outdoors: 48 reviews and 56 photos

Well it wasn't cheap to be fair, about £140 if I remember rightly but it was my first time in a helicopter and as I was running short on time to hire a car and travel - I thought what the hell!

You can do a quick jaunt around Cape Town or even charter the copter but we took an option in the middle and decided to go down to Cape Point.

Couple of things to remember, I'm not exactly the tallest bloke around and as a consequence I got the seat right behind the rotor. 2 of my buddies either side of me and one lucky fella in the front. Definitely the short straw I think so maybe you ought to limit a trip to 3 people rather than 4. It ultimately means it's that bit more expensive but hey, how many chances will you get.

We had cracking weather pretty much thoughout my stay in Cape Town but sods law, the day we'd booked the chopper from the V & A Waterfront, it was overcast. Still, we got a few pics in and it was quite a sporty helicopter and the pilot put it through it's paces and the adrenalin was definitely flowing!!

Equipment: Camera & a stern constitution if you get the mad pilot we had - I think once you've done this trip a few thousand times I guess the real fun is seeing the reaction of your passengers when you throw it into a dive!

Directions: Down towards the end of the Victoria & Albert Waterfront - Sport Helicopters
Theme: Other

• Written Sep 19, 2005

Comments

jmschief

“'Dem Feet were made for Walking'”

Have you been to Cape Town?