"Karnubawax's visit" Top 5 Page for this destination personal memories Tip by b1bob

personal memories, Richmond: 6 reviews and 6 photos

David
by b1bob

Fondest memory: This visit really materialised out of nowhere. In mid-August, David e-mailed me saying he had tickets to the 10 September 2005 Richmond NASCAR race. Knowing had a long-standing invitation to stay at my house, an excellent adventure was in the making. He arrived here on the evening of Friday, 9 September. Tired from the trip, I had supper ready and we just hung out. The following day was race day. However, it was an evening race, so we hopped to some light touring. We started at the (grand) Jefferson Hotel. Then it was off to the Virginia War Memorial. Before lunch, we saw each and every statue on Monument Avenue up close and personal. Lunch was itself a cultural experience. We ate at Sugar & Spice for some Southern food. It was David's first go of collard greens and, to my surprise, he rather liked them. He went off to the race on which he centred this entire trip that evening. The following day was the big touring day. Straightaway after church, Lee gipper84 and I escorted him downtown. We started at lunch in Carytown, then proceeded to the Museum of the Confederacy, the whole of the Canal Walk, and supper. David left to tour other parts of Virginia for the following week. For his last night he came back whereupon Lee and I took him to Carini's for supper at Krispy Kreme for dessert. It was great showing him around, but also introducing him to my friends Lee, Andy, and Bill.

• Updated Jun 19, 2006

Comments

b1bob Visits Here Frequently!

b1bob

Have you been to Richmond?