"The noisiest place in Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Best Western Hotel Madan Tip by elgarbo

Best Western Hotel Madan, Villahermosa: 10 reviews and 2 photos

Looks can be deceiving.
by elgarbo

This is a truly horrendous, abysmal place to stay. The rooms are comfortable... at least during the day time. At about six in the evening, the bar downstairs opens up, and at about nine, the live music starts to play.

Now, I'm always one for live music. I think it's great! But not when it's playing directly under my pillow with the amps turned up to eleven, and not when it continues without pause until three in the morning. Our angst might be understandable if we were on the second floor, directly above the bar, but that wasn't the case. We were actually two floors above the bar, so I can't imagine what the poor people below us were experiencing.

That wasn't our only problem though. The cleaning staff didn't replace our towels on one occasion, leaving us to have to air dry our dripping bodies after the shower.

It's also important to note that this isn't a cheap, run down hotel. Apparently it's quite popular with the business travel scene. I can't for the life of me understand why. Stay the heck away!

Unique Qualities: The vibrating pillow is a novelty for a few moments, until you realise that it won't cease until 3am.

Comparison: about average
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Written Sep 18, 2005

Comments

Have you been to Villahermosa?