"Ruedesheim am Rhein - das Niederwalddenkmal" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Off The Beaten Path: 42 reviews and 135 photos
Niederwalddenkmal is a monument that was built high above the town of Ruedesheim in order to commemorate the end of the war of 1870/71 between France and Germany. The architects Johannes Schilling and Karl Weisbach needed 6 years for the construction of the giant monument, and even Kaiser Wilhelm I. came for the inauguration . The basement of the monument is 25 meters high and the goddess Germania 12,5 meters high, her sword is 7 meters... around the monument you will see all coats of arms of the german empire.
Below the monument you may walk down the hill again, walking through great garden-terraces and ejoy the view of the Rhine-valley !
More Off The Beaten Path in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (18)
More Reviews (81)
- Frankfurt/Hahn - in the middle of...
- Some links for your vacation in the...
- See All Ruedesheim - Drosselgasse
- Cruising the Rhine in the Moonlight
- See All dining where the mintmasters used to...
- See All along the river Mosel / Moselle
- trains in the Rhine-valley are terrible...
- See All Wilhelmsbau - a great museum in Speyer
- Cycling along the river Rhein / Rhine
- See All Biking along the river Mosel / Moselle
- See All A great shop inside the Speyer Technik...
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels