Burgschaenke in Cochem: "Dining in the castle of Cochem" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurant Tip by globetrott
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurants: 45 reviews and 104 photos
Burgschenke is the name of the great restaurant & terrace inside the Reichsburg of Cochem. You will have a perfect view there on the valley of the Mosel / Moselle. Enter through the same door as to the ticket-box.
"Burgschenke" is the traditional, medieval name, although it should rather be spelled "BurgschÄnke" today.
between mid of March and the beginning of November
Favorite Dish: The menu is restricted to rather simple dishes like Goulasch-soup, sausages, cakes and coffee and ice-cream of course, BUT the very best thing is certainly the perfect view on the eastern part of the Mosel-valley and the village of Cochem.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Burgschenke is in the 1st court of the castle : simply enter at the door next to the ticket-box and walk to the restaurant-terrace. You do not have to pay an entrance-fee in order to get to that part of the castle !
More Restaurants in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (13)
More Reviews (88)
- Frankfurt/Hahn - in the middle of...
- Some links for your vacation in the...
- See All Ruedesheim - Drosselgasse
- See All Ruedesheim am Rhein - das...
- Cruising the Rhine in the Moonlight
- See All along the river Mosel / Moselle
- trains in the Rhine-valley are terrible...
- See All Wilhelmsbau - a great museum in Speyer
- Cycling along the river Rhein / Rhine
- See All Biking along the river Mosel / Moselle
- See All A great shop inside the Speyer Technik...
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels