"The Marksburg in Braubach" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do Tip by globetrott
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do: 223 reviews and 544 photos
Marksburg is the only medieval castle in the area of Middle-Rhine, that was almost not changed or adapted afterwards and was never destoyed.
Marksburg is also the seat of the "Deutsche Burgenvereinigung" (German castle assosiation) and holds a big library with 12000 books.
The castle is 150 meters above the Rhine and you may drive up by car or take a small road-train from Braubach, a lovely village, also worth a visit !
The castle is open for visitors daily 10.00a.m.-05.00p.m. and photography inside the castle is allowed !
Directions: Braubach and the Marksburg are abot 20km south of Koblenz, at the right bank of the river Rhine.
More Things to Do in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (28)
More Reviews (73)
- Frankfurt/Hahn - in the middle of...
- Some links for your vacation in the...
- See All Ruedesheim am Rhein - das...
- Cruising the Rhine in the Moonlight
- See All dining where the mintmasters used to...
- See All along the river Mosel / Moselle
- trains in the Rhine-valley are terrible...
- See All Wilhelmsbau - a great museum in Speyer
- Cycling along the river Rhein / Rhine
- See All Biking along the river Mosel / Moselle
- See All A great shop inside the Speyer Technik...
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels