"Maeuseturm ( "Mouse-tower") in Bingen" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do Tip by globetrott
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do: 218 reviews and 530 photos
This small tower - called Maeseturm / mouse-tower - is situated about 3 km downstream of Ruedesheim and Bingen on a small island in the river Rhine. In medieval times there was a rope or a chain going accross the river Rhine,fixed at Maeuseturm, and ships passing by had to pay customs in order to be able to go on with their merchandises. You may not go there, but see it on a small and rocky island from from both sides of the river.
Directions: You may see Maeuseturm on a small island a few km north of Bingen and Ruedesheim. You may see it as well, when passing by by train.
More Things to Do in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (28)
More Reviews (73)
- Frankfurt/Hahn - in the middle of...
- Some links for your vacation in the...
- See All Ruedesheim am Rhein - das...
- Cruising the Rhine in the Moonlight
- See All dining where the mintmasters used to...
- See All along the river Mosel / Moselle
- trains in the Rhine-valley are terrible...
- See All Wilhelmsbau - a great museum in Speyer
- Cycling along the river Rhein / Rhine
- See All Biking along the river Mosel / Moselle
- See All A great shop inside the Speyer Technik...
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels