"The remains of the famous Bridge of Remagen" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do Tip by globetrott
Land Rheinland-Pfalz Things to Do: 218 reviews and 530 photos
When you click on my pictures you may see how solidly the bridge was constructed in 1918 and what is still left today.
When the US troops came close to the river Rhine, the german troops tried to destroy the bridge at Remagen, but several attempts did not succed and so the US-army was able to cross the river easily and quickly on March 7th, 1945
10 days later the bridge was breaking down, killing lots of people, so the many attempts by the german troops to destroy it and stop the US-army that way finally succeded . Read more about the details inside the Museum, or take a look at my Remagen-page !
Directions: The remains of the bridge of Remagen are at the south-end of Remagen - follow the signs or walk along the river Rhine upstream !
More Things to Do in Land Rheinland-Pfalz (28)
More Reviews (73)
- Frankfurt/Hahn - in the middle of...
- Some links for your vacation in the...
- See All Ruedesheim am Rhein - das...
- Cruising the Rhine in the Moonlight
- See All dining where the mintmasters used to...
- See All along the river Mosel / Moselle
- trains in the Rhine-valley are terrible...
- See All Wilhelmsbau - a great museum in Speyer
- Cycling along the river Rhein / Rhine
- See All Biking along the river Mosel / Moselle
- See All A great shop inside the Speyer Technik...
Been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?Share Your Travels