"KLM and Air France depart from new Terminal" To/From Airport Tip by dutchboycalledjan

To/From Airport, Cairo: 24 reviews and 18 photos

Last Saturday (Sept 10th 2005) we were dropped at Terminal 1 - Departure International Flights, only to hear that KLM (and Air France and North West) now depart from the brand new Terminal 2 (Hal 2). We had to find transportation again, as the distance is too great too walk, certainly with all the luggage. The directions are poor and there didn't seem to be a shuttle bus....

The new terminal is beautiful, but a bee hive. A man volunteered to push our trolley, but was unable to help us for more than 10 meters. I gave him 1 pound, and he said: "This is a very small amount, sir". I said, "I know, it was only a small trip".

It also took us some time to figure out what line to take, and we were greatly helped by a tour operator who assumed that we were part of his party. We had to queue in a line at the back. After checking in, we had to fill in a form that was stamped by the douane, as was the visa in our passport.

After the customs, it is a bit small. We went upstairs, were there are some tax free shops. I managed to buy some nice Egyptian CD's and got rid of my pounds that way. In the boarding, area were not enough seats and we had to stand for about 45 minutes. Again one has to show one's passport. Have it open on the stamped page.

We were taken by a bus - there were plenty of busses - to the plane. There were two stairs, so embarkation went fast.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane

• Updated Sep 12, 2005

Comments

dutchboycalledjan

“Progress is the sensible goal”

Have you been to Cairo?