Double T's Barbecue: "'Cue on Cary" Top 5 Page for this destination Double T's Barbecue Tip by b1bob

Double T's Barbecue, Richmond: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Double T's Barbecue
by b1bob

The original plan was for Lee, David, Andy, and me to take lunch at Nacho Mama's on Cary Street, but we decided to walk down the street to give David the grand tour of what the rest of the lot know as Carytown. A funny thing happened on the way back: we got hungry and we noticed this barbecue restaurant nobody in the group had heard of called Double T's. David has Mexican food regularly in San Francisco, but probably not pulled pork barbecue. The previous day I got him onto collard greens and that day's cultural experience was barbecue. The service was friendly and fast. There was country music playing in the background. Well before we were served, we noticed there were barbecue sauces for each style of barbecue broken down by state: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Double T's own.

Favorite Dish: I had the pulled pork sandwich with fries on the side and limeade to drink. My friend ClarkRB will be happy to know that I chose the South Carolina sauce. The barbecue was very good except there was a bit too much fat.

en español, em português, en français

Address: 2907 West Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23221
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (804) 353-9861
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Barbecue

• Updated Sep 25, 2006

b1bob Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Richmond?