"free yoghurt anyone....nothing is for free !" Istanbul Tourist Trap Tip by prikje

Istanbul Tourist Traps: 146 reviews and 91 photos

riverboat on Bosphorus
by prikje

On the boattrip on the Bosporus river there is a guy selling "worlds best yoghurt".
Making everybody laugh,being sympathetic and friendly but nobody bought one .
He left 1 yoghurt by an older man like it was forgotten or left for free.
Everybody thought he didn't come back everybody laughed and the older man ate the yoghurt.
Then the "sympathetic" yoghurt seller came back demaning 4 dollar !!! for this small cup. Not so friendly at all,a big loud scene on the boat and the old man paid in shame.
A terrible experience which ruined my afternoon.
Started to hate all the salespersons that I encountered from that point.
It learned me a lesson: no more mister friendly for me when a salespersons tries to lick me up.Please come in have some tea,hello where are you from.
Fu ck off I have seen the real faces now.

Unique Suggestions: On tourist hotspots you only find vultures trying to get your money.
If you want to see the real friendly turkish population go off the beaten road.
Don't let a cheap trick destroy your day,getting deceived only makes you smarter.

Fun Alternatives: NOTHING is for free !
"Hello how are you" , "Where are you from","Welcome to our beautiful country" hear the talk recongnise the con artist !Time to harden up.
You have the money they want it ....ASAP.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 8, 2005

Comments

prikje

“I live in a 5 star hotel every day,while traveling I do things the other way.”

Have you been to Istanbul?