"Banff Park - Lake Louise" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Things to Do Tip by kymbanm

Province of Alberta Things to Do: 159 reviews and 239 photos

Lake Louise
by kymbanm

After all my wandering in the area, I finally found the UNESCO plaque here at Lake Louise .... since I didn't have time to wander the paths and explore, I didn't find it very special at all .. just another beautiful lake in the Candadian rockies :)

I watched folks kayak, walk, talk, and snap pictures galore ..... if I had more time, it would have been nice to have a tea break at the hotel restaurant, or to walk one or more of the paths ... as it was, my time was running very short for my little visit to this area, and I needed to get back into the car and begin the trek back to the Edmonton Airport.

Would I stop here again? I don't know ... I think I would if I had time to take the trails ... but for a quick stop, not really worth it in my mind ....

Directions: Turn off Hwy 93 to Lake Louise, then just follow the signs from town to the actual lake .... you can't miss it, just follow all of the other vehicle on the road :)

• Written Sep 3, 2005

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Province of Alberta?