"Jasper National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Things to Do Tip by kymbanm

Province of Alberta Things to Do: 159 reviews and 239 photos

Sunwapta Falls
by kymbanm

Jasper was described to me as 'better than Banff', 'less crowded than Banff', and 'prettier than Banff; ... ok, this may just be me, but I do dislike having these sorts of comparisons made between 2 amazing national parks ......

Jasper is part of the multi-park UNESCO World heritage site here in the Canadian Rockies.

This park alone encompasses 4.200 sq.miles (10,800 sq. km). The Canadian Rockies are known to support 1300 species of plants, 20,000 types of insects and spiders, 40 types of fish, 16 species of amphibians and reptiles, 277 species of birds and 69 different species of mammals. One of the wonders of Japser and it's neighbors is the protection of entire echosystems over protection of some single natural feature.

I WILL say, Jasper was sooooooo beautiful. I enjoyed to places I wandered into to walk about ... The beauty was so spiritually centering for this city/desert dweller. I will also say, i can't wait to come back here again and spend a little more time :)

• Written Sep 3, 2005

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Province of Alberta?