Old Faithful Inn: "ah Xanterra Cuisine..." Top 5 Page for this destination Old Faithful Inn Tip by kazander

Old Faithful Dining Room
by kazander

I made reservations for dinner at the Old Faithful Inn months in advance. Still we had our choice of only 5pm or 7:45 pm or later. I chose 7:45. It was Sunday evening, our 1 week anniversary, I wanted us to go someplace special. It was...kinda. There was just this one problem. We had already eaten at Mammoth, Canyon, and Grant Village . By the time we had dinner at Old Faithful it was like de ja vu for the 4th time. You see, all of the parks resturants are run by Xanterra. So everything is almost exactly the same, including the atmosphere if you can believe it. It might have been OK, for one meal, but after awhile it just gets monotonous. All the servers (in all the aforementioned resturants) are from all over the world. There name tags indicate where they are from (as well as their name....of course)

The resturant is just off of the main Hotel lobby. Their are, unfortunately, no views of Old Faithful. The atmosphere is old log cabinesque. The lighting in this very large room irked me a bit. It was like they were trying to imitate candles, but ended up with metal sticks with round lightbulbs stuck on top. The could have put a bit more effort in. All in all, it really is a nice place. It just has an undeniable feeling of summer camp about it.

Favorite Dish: OK, I'm sorry to say I have no favorites, though I did enjoy the huckleberry dressing on my salad. Lou ordered the spinach and mushrooms atop cannelini beans (doesn't sound that good to me either) Anyway, he got about a silver dollar size amount of mushrooms and spinach on top of a huge bowl of beans. He was disappointed.
I had a boring old cheeseburger (I had tried most everything else on the menu other places) It was mediocre.

Address: Old Faithful Inn
Comparison: about average
Phone: 307.344.7901
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: American
Website: http://travelyellowstone.com/static/141.htm

• Updated Sep 7, 2005

Comments

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?