"Take a Photo Safari!" Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Things to Do Tip by kazander

Yellowstone National Park Things to Do: 705 reviews and 1,607 photos

Lou and I in the motorcoach
by kazander

When I was first planning our trip, I booked us a Photo Safari though Xanterra. I thought "oh hey that might be fun.." It was fantastic! Our guide, Doug, was really wonderful. He has been working at the park for 17 years and giving photo tours for 8. He knew perfect spots to take photos, the exact time of when to get there, and which animals might be out and about, and where we might spot them. We had to get up early in the morning to meet up with the group at the Lake hotel. From there we piled into a 1930's motorcoach which took us all around the eastern side of the park. We saw a gorgeous sunrise, Buffalo (of course), a bald eagle, blue heron, a pair of sandhill cranes, osprey, mule deer,a fox and a pack of coyotes, including 5 cubs! Not to mention all of the gorgeous viewpoints and wildflowers. Breakfast of hot beverages and muffins is provided. You eat while on a mountaintop which provides a wonderful view of the park.
This trip is highly recommended! Lou said next time we are back in Yellowstone, we may book more than one!
There are tours that leave from the Lake Hotel, Old Faithful Inn and Canyon Lodge. The price was about $50 per person, and worth every penny!

Address: Lake Hotel, Canyon Lodge, Old Faithful Inn
Phone: 307.344.7311
Website: http://www.travelyellowstone.com/static/162.htm

• Updated Dec 27, 2005

Comments

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?