Karen's Deli: "Karen's Deli near Tyvola at I-77" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Restaurant Tip by etfromnc

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

With two Marriotts and a Hilton plus a Jaguar dealership, you might expect that all of your dining options are going to be very expensive, and you would generally be correct. There is a McDonald's and a Sonny's Barbecue but there are also several very expensive restaurants. I was very pleased to see the opening last year of a little place owned by a Korean couple that offers breakfast and lunch at significantly less expense than the hotels and yet more tasty (and much more friendly) than McDonald's. They are open Monday-Friday from 7 AM to 3:30 PM serving breakfast and lunch. They also cater off-site and perhaps most surprising for such a limited operation, they have a salad bar with good variety and excellent freshness.

Favorite Dish: Since they are so far away from me, I do not get there nearly as often as I would like but each time that I do I am increasingly impressed. The smoked turkey club is especially tasty and totally made to order. The salad bar is also a delight. The last time I was by there, I was early for a meeting nearby and it was after their posted closing time but I drove by just to confirm that they were still in business. The owner was sitting out front waiting for his wife to return from a catering run so I just stopped to chat. Although they had been closed for over an hour, he made a delicious barbecue plate for me.

Address: 5715 Westpark Road, Suite 100
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Across from the south end of the Marriott, in a one-story office building in the Tyvola Executive Center but sits back off Westpark so it will not grab you as you drive by but it is worth the effort to find.
othercontact: Fax: 704-522-0028
Phone: 704-522-0020
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Aug 3, 2006

etfromnc Used To Live Here!

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Have you been to Charlotte?