"Take the bus boys and girls!" Top 5 Page for this destination Public Bus Tip by kymbanm

Public Bus, Edmonton: 6 reviews and 5 photos

Just before the bus stopped :)
by kymbanm

Though my experience on the Edmonton Transit System (ETS) was short, I was mostly impressed.

Busses tend to run frequently on high volume routes, the buses were clean, and the locals at the stops were pretty normal :) The various stops were well labled to allow riders to determine which stop is serviced by particular bus routes. For a $2 fee, you can go as far as you want in the same direction. And if you are leaving the fringe festival, and recieved a sticker, your return is FREE!!

Unfortunatly for me, my bus broke down near my hotel .... but at the bottom of a very steep and intimidating hill :( Rather than waiting for the next bus, Ryan and I just trucked up the hill. Ryan did so without any significant effort. I on the other hand was breathing hard, and probably looked like I was about to suffer a stroke or something. All in all, it's obvious I survived this event without any permanent ill effects. DavidKeeling did say afterwards 'that NEVER happens' .... hmmm, still thinking about that one :)

Type: Bus
Website: http://www.takeETS.com

• Written Aug 27, 2005

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Edmonton?