La Ronde: "Sunday brunch dahling?" Top 5 Page for this destination La Ronde Tip by kymbanm

La Ronde, Edmonton: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Oooh, the buffet is getting closer again!
by kymbanm

The top floor of the Chateau Lacombe Crown Plaza hotel is an expensive restaurant call La Ronde ... for it's round floor plan I'm sure :) Similar to other round restaurants around the world, the seating area rotates so that over the course of an hour, you take a complete rotation and experience and amazing view of the city of Edmonton.

Several folks told me to try their Sunday brunch buffett, as it is known as the best of the best ..... being a compliant soul, that is exactly what I did!

Despite having no reservation, I was seated promptly and respectfully as a solo diner. I approached the buffet with trepidation, at least until I caught a look at what I would have the opportunity to eat :)

There was a section on entres that included a beautiful roast. The breakfast section has the usual morning fare, but included a beautiful and plentiful supply of eggs benedict. Another area had fresh fruit, asian noodle dishes, and salads ... but the most amazing grouping was a HUGE table full of gorgeous and decadent deserts!!!

And so I began my journey into gluttony .....

Favorite Dish: There was so much to choose from! But my favorites that morning included Cous Cous, eggs benedict, and the most amazing bread pudding I've ever had .. In fact, I had 2 servings of eggs benedict and THREE of the bread pudding .... did I mention gluttony yet???

Address: 10111 Belamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Look for the tall round building in the downtown area .... yup, that's it!
Phone: 780-428-6611
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written Aug 27, 2005

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Edmonton?