"Lookout point: Marienbrücke" Top 5 Page for this destination Schloss Neuschwanstein Things to Do Tip by sabsi

Schloss Neuschwanstein Things to Do: 110 reviews and 180 photos

The view from Marienbrücke

The view from Marienbrücke
      The crowds on Marienbrücke
    by sabsi
      Marienbrücke as seen from the castle - scary!
    by sabsi
      Thomas blocking the view from Marienbrücke
    by sabsi
      Me blocking the view from Marienbrücke
    by sabsi

My favourite part of our visit to Neuschwanstein was Marienbrücke. This bridge - erected from Ludwig's father Maximilian I. high over the Pöllat Gorge - is the best lookout point to see the whole of Neuschwanstein Castle.

We walked up to the bridge which was a steep but nice walk through the forest. When we turned around the last corner I was shocked. I hadn't expected that many people!! Luckily there are times when you can actually take pictures. TIP: If you come by bus wait for a while, it gets very busy once a bus arrives. But the people also leave quite quickly and it gets quite quiet again.

I was very scared when I read about the bridge. I am scared of heights and I was hoping for a solid ground. I got there and it was just made out of steel and a wooden floor. But I survived. And it was worth the shaking - the view was fantastic!

Directions: 20 minute walk from Neuschwanstein castle

• Written Aug 27, 2005

Comments

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?