"Roundabouts" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Local Custom Tip by Escadora7
Dubai Local Customs: 35 reviews and 30 photos
One thing that amazes most people coming to Dubai is just how many roundabouts there are - it seems like every corner is one.
The thing about UAE-roundabouts is that they are really nicely decorated - each having a theme, with a statue or some sort of structure in the middle.
Roundabouts can be scary for people who are not used to them - here are some basic tips:
- Traffic in the roundabout has the right of way. Incoming vehicles have to yield.
- While driving within the circle, leave the left signal on. Only when exiting put on the right signal, so that incoming traffic knows what your intentions are.
- Theoreticallly, pedestrians have the right of way, but this is Dubai, and pedestrians are usually aware that they have to fend for their own life.
More Reviews (72)
- See All The Dragonmall
- See All Chasing after wild camels...
- See All Go on a busride - in the water -...
- See All A taste of the Middle East
- See All Zn chemically speaking is Zinc!
- See All Postcard Millionaire
Escadora7's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels