"Lembongan Island / Snorkeling" Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Off The Beaten Path Tip by bryINpoland

Bali Off The Beaten Path: 233 reviews and 347 photos

Snorkeling and dive platforms off Lembongan Island
by bryINpoland

Lembongan Island is known for some of the best snorkeling in Indonesia. Though being from Hawaii, made me skeptical of what qualified as good snorkeling, the minute i got into the water off Lembongan island, i discovered that they knew what they were talking about.

The colors of the coral reef blew my mind, and were more beautiful then any coral formations i have ever seen off of any of the Hawaiian islands.

Because you dont get a lot of tourist off Lembongan Island, the reef is very healthy and preserved. There are platforms anchored off shore that you dock too, that make for perfect stagging points for snorkeling and diving.

My only regret is that i didnt bring an underwater camera with me on our trip. I honestly didnt expect the kind of beautiful colors i would see. You are going to just have to try it for yourself.

• Written Aug 26, 2005

Comments

bryINpoland

“traveling is like a book with pictures. i would rather look at the pictures then read the words”

Have you been to Bali?