"Registering your stay with Police" Belarus Warnings Or Dangers Tip by rboittier
Belarus Warnings and Dangers: 15 reviews and 4 photos
With a Visa for Belarus, you need to register your stay with the authorities within 3 days of your arrival. If you stay at a hotel, they do it for you. If you rent a flat, you need to get the owner to go with you to the local Police Station.
Be warned - This process took me a total of 6 hours over 2 days at the Police station. My friend and I had to:
1. Meet the Immigration Officer
2. Get an official to fill in forms in duplicate
3. Obtain photcopies of passport/visas
4. Pay a fee to the Police authority at a bank
5. Pay an official to complete registration cards
6. Get the cards stamped by another official
This is typical Belarus beaurocracy! You can try to avoid registering, but someone I know did this and they had a lot of trouble getting out of Belarus and you can incurr a fine at the border. Apart from the waiting, we passed straight through passport control when leaving.
More Warnings and Dangers in Belarus (1)
More Reviews (13)
- See All To Understand Their Suffering - Visit...
- Visit a Belarussian Village
- A Millionaire in Minsk!
- Sorry but....... Toilet Paper!
- See All The Belarus Squat!
rboittier's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Belarus?Share Your Travels