"UAE Heritage" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Tourist Trap Tip by Escadora7
Dubai Tourist Traps: 15 reviews and 10 photos
Let's face it: UAE heritage isn't really that extensive. First you had pearl fishers and bedouins - now you have luxury and riches seemingly without limits. There weren't really any dynasties and epochs inbetween. We were somewhat disappointed by seeing the same heritage exhibits over and over again: Dubai museum, Heritage Village, Diving Village, Sheikh Maktoum house, special mall exhibits, etc.
Unique Suggestions: If we had to chose one of the heritage sites, it would be the Dubai museum - it's the most extensive and has the nicest exhibits. Plus it's airconditioned....
Hint: summer is not the best time to visit the diving and heritage village - at least not during daytime; most of the exhibits are outside and it it simply too hot. Many of the stores are closed during the daytime for lack of visitors. The shops reopen during the evening hours when it cools down. Both places however have a great variety of activities going on during the Dubai Shopping Festival: arab dance performances, wedding demos (or real ones), flea markets, etc.
Fun Alternatives: Dubai Museum
More Reviews (79)
- See All The Dragonmall
- See All Chasing after wild camels...
- See All Go on a busride - in the water -...
- See All A taste of the Middle East
- See All Zn chemically speaking is Zinc!
- See All Postcard Millionaire
- See All "Tsching tsching? WHO THERE???"
- See All Luxury in the Financial Districs
- See All Indoor Wall Climbing
- If you forgot it - it's probably cheaper...
- Dubai by Taxi
Been to Dubai?Share your travels with the world!
Escadora7's Related Pages
Explore the World
- Hyannis Hotels
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- Garland Hotels
- Sunbury-on-Thames Hotels
- Pulau Mapur
- Kifisia Hotels
- Kaposvar Hotels
- North Virginia Beach
- Región del Libertador General Bernardo O'Higgins Hotels
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels