"Learn to Surf" Bali Things to Do Tip by vigi

Bali Things to Do: 1,246 reviews and 2,493 photos

Bali is a great place to learn surfing. I can walk out 100 meters from the beach, with white waves keep coming in, while you?re still be with chest deep water. Perfect for beginners like me.

I joined a beginner lesson at Pro-Surf, recommended by my friend. I was hesitated to pay for the cheap cheap trainer renting surf board on the beach. It was a 2.5 hours lesson, with half an hour theory about safety, surf etiquette, how to stand, and how to check waves. Then the rest of the time in open water. It was US$40 including everything: surf board, wet suit, sunscreen, drinks during lesson break, and transportation from hotel. It was almost one-to-one lesson. I was slow and my trainer ot me on the beach for a private lesson on the 2nd half of the class, make sure I was able to stand with my bank leg! And I didm altough only for a few seconds! But I did it. Provided that I'm very bad at balancing. These are my 3 hot instructors in the photo.

Address: Pro-Surf, Perum. Kuta Permai, Kuta
Directions: You'll see big signage of "Pro Surf" along Kuta beach, can't miss it.
Phone: 62-081-23475141

• Written Aug 20, 2005

Comments

vigi

“Expect the Unexpected, or You Won't Find It”

Have you been to Bali?