"Skyscrapers - explore it on your own" Top 5 Page for this destination Architecture, modern Tip by Airpunk

Architecture, modern, Rotterdam: 14 reviews and 26 photos

Boompjestoren by night
by Airpunk

Favorite thing: Walk a lot , explore the city and discover the gems. Rotterdam is the world's capital on modern architecture and will welcome you with a variety of styles and buildings. Look out for the most beautiful ones and pick you favourite. Even if you hate modern architecture, you will have fun finding the old buildings which offer a nice contrast to the older ones. Try it at night and let yourself impress by the diversity of this city.

Fondest memory: When I think of Rotterdam, I think of summer nights. Every night had its kind of magic: Summer carnival, walking around skyscrapers by night or just finishing the day in a nice "eetcafé" with a good meal and some dutch beer. The city has so many faces and is so full of life. It never becomes boring because just around the corner may be something you never expected.

• Written Aug 18, 2005

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Have you been to Rotterdam?