Tax Free Shopping in Geneva: "Save your money..." Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Shopping Tip by Tripack
Geneva Shopping: 32 reviews and 26 photos
The VAT rate in Switzerland is 8 % and is included in the sales price. All visitors residing outside of Switzerland are entitled to claim back the VAT, if they spend more than CHF 400 in one shop in one day. The goods must be exported within 30 days after purchase date and the export must be confirmed by an official Swiss customs stamp.
What to buy:
3 easy steps to claim your refund :
1. In the store
Shop where you see the Tax-free Shopping logo and simply ask for your Global Refund Cheque. You will receive an information leaflet with detailed explanation in different languages.
2. At customs
When leaving Switzerland, present your Global Refund Cheque to Swiss customs authorities and have the goods ready for inspection.
3. Get your refund
Hand in the blue original of your Global Refund Cheque. You have several choices to get your refund:
- Immediate cash at our nearby Cash Refund Office.
- Mail your Cheque to Global Refund. The refund will then be credited to a chosen credit card, a Swiss bank account or you will receive a bank check to your home address.
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (35)
- See All Pour une nuit d'ivresse...
- See All Geneva Festival - Fêtes de Genève
- See All Where to eat???
- See All Outdoor Ice Skating in the Heart of...
- See All Cheap accodomation for Summertime
Tripack's Related Pages
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels