"The Kadikoy Baloon" Kadikoy Tip by hekate

Kadikoy, Istanbul: 8 reviews and 22 photos

The Kadikoy Baloon
by hekate

The picture is a bit blured because it was a bit dark and I could not use the flash. I guess the fact that I was on a boat when I took it did not help much for the focus.

When I first saw it I was not sure what it was. So, I asked a friend of mine and he told me that it is a hot air baloon that goes up when the weaher is nice and you can see Istanbul from above.

From what I saw the tourists do not go that often to the Asian side, so I was a bit surprised to find such a typical touristy spot in Kadikoy.

Anyway, I got curious and I checked up on the net for the baloon and I found some info on the page quoted below. The essence is that the baloon goes up to 200 meters and provides a good panoramic view.

Price, duration and working hours:
The capacity is about 30 people and it will cost you around YTL 15 to get on it. I could not find how long you are supposed to stay up there for the price you are paying.The working hours listed on the page are from 09.00 to 18.00 h if the weather is good.

The baloon is situated on the Asian side of the Bosphorus in Kadikoy near the sea bus port. If the picture was not so blurred you would have been able to see that the other lights are the lights of the port :)))

Website: http://www.letsgoistanbul.com/offthebeat.htm

• Updated Aug 16, 2005

“Enjoy life while you still can do so :)”

Have you been to Istanbul?