"Nursery in Koh Samui for kids" Ko Samui Favorite Tip by motherof2

Ko Samui General: 73 reviews and 84 photos

Favorite thing: If you are travelling in Koh samui with 2 very young children (3.5 yrs & 15 months old) like me and my husband, you might found this tips helpful to you. We spent 13 days in Koh samui from Aug. 1 to 13, 2005 with our kids. And one day we were checking with our hotel receptionist to find out if there is any nursery or day care center that we could drop off our kids for one day so we can arrange the day tour to Koh Nangyuan & Koh Tao. And found out there is Jaree Nursery 5 mins before Nathon town is available. We rent a car to drive around the island and visited the place before to make our decision. And deside right away that this is the place we could leave our kids for one day instead of hiring a babysitter from the hotel cost around 200-250B per hour (which is maybe a house cleanning lady or a bell boy).

Ms. Jaree is the owner of the nursery. She runs the nursery in her home which is in a nice thai house with garden in the front door and the outdoor playground at the side of the house. Very nice view of the open beach from the back side of the nursery. She provides 2 snacks and lunch to the kids, and she has 5 teachers watch over the kids including herself. She can also pick up and drop off the kids to our hotel (we stayed at Bophut beach at that time which is not too far). It costs 900B for 2 kids including transfer and meals. We moved to Lamai beach later on, and contact her again to leave our kids there one more time before our leaving, so we can rent a motobike to go around and make some shopping by ourselves. I think it's very nice to have our kids meet other local kids and have some fun time together during our vacation. I am highly recommend Jaree Nursery, and would like to use their service again next time when we go visit Samui again. Be aware that their English is very limited, so I always ask my hotel receptionist to call her up for me. If you would like to get more info, please email me to tere_shih@hotmail.com and hopefully this tip helps.

• Updated Aug 13, 2005

Have you been to Ko Samui?