"What to see in 2-3 hours in Graz ??" Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Favorite Tip by globetrott
Graz Favorites: 38 reviews and 81 photos
Favorite thing: Graz is quite a small city and most of the attractions for tourists are in the very centre of town.
From the train-station " Graz Hauptbahnhof" you may take the trams #1, 3, 6, or 7 and will be at the Hauptplatz within 7-10 minutes.
There you may first take a look at the townhall, the Landhaus and Landeszeughaus.
Take the small street opposite of Landhaus and you will get to Glockenspielplatz with the chimes & plenty of restaurants in the so-called "Bermuda-triangle"
You may continue walking through Färbergasse to Sporgasse, turn to the right and get to Hofgasse , see the Hofbäckerei and walk to Burg, Dom and Mausoleum
Walk back to Sporgasse and walk down to Hauptplatz again...
Such a walk could be done easily during a short stop-over of 2 hours !
Fondest memory: Another possibility to explore Graz from Hauptplatz is to walk Sackstrasse and go to the Lift im Berg - go up Schlossberg and see the Uhrturm.
Also the Murinsel is just about 400 meters from the Hauptplatz.
On my picture : Schloss Eggenberg - it is into the other direction from the train-station, but you certainly need about 2 hours to get there, as the park is quite large and in a big distance to the trams.
More Favorites in Graz (1)
More Reviews (48)
- See All Grazer Kunsthaus - a "friendly Alien"
- See All A. Schwarzenegger's favorite Icecream...
- See All Grazer Schlossberg-Grottenbahn
- Panthertazen, Sissi-Busserl &...
- a scene of the victory over the turques...
- See All open-air-museum Stübing - 18km north of...
- See All take a walk - all places of interest are...
- See All a hotel, conveniently located at the...
- skip walking up the tower of the...
Been to Graz?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Graz?Share Your Travels