Taste of Saigon: ""Park City's Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine"" Park City Restaurant Tip by VdV

Park City Restaurants: 43 reviews and 97 photos

A cup of Wonton Soup hit the spot for my Mom
by VdV

Several of my Asian American friends who venture to Park City every year for the Sundance Film Festival say that Taste of Saigon is one of the best Asian restaurants in town.

The ambience is nice and casual, the service friendly, and the menu choices quite extensive.

My Mom and I stopped by for an early dinner (more like snack) after spending the afternoon riding the chair lifts in Deer Valley. It was conveniently located across the street from the Transit Center, and since we haved just gotten off the bus, I was happy to see a potential dinner place on our way back to our hotel.

My Mom is very picky about her food when she travels, and typically wants Chinese food no matter what country, city, etc. we are in. I told her that I had heard that the Chinese restaurants in Park City were not that good, but suggested that we look at the menu at Taste of Saigon. She was happy when she saw WonTon soup on the menu so we decided to try it.

Favorite Dish: My Mom said her wonton soup was just o.k. I have Bun Cha Cio, or cold rice noodles with eggrolls.

I thought the food was pretty good, compared to other Vietnamese I've had in L.A., San Francisco, D.C., etc.

Given that we were there during the off-season (summer), lots of locals were coming in for dinner. It seemed pretty busy for an early Wednesday evening.

Address: 580 Main Street, Park City, UT
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Inside The Galleria, on Main St.
Phone: (453) 647-0688
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Aug 17, 2005

“Another day, another adventure...”

Have you been to Park City?