VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Tucker's Marketplace: "Hollow Legs Required... I think" Top 5 Page for this destination Tucker's Marketplace Tip by CdnJane

Tucker's Marketplace, Toronto: 3 reviews and 0 photos

It had been years since I was last at a Tucker's Marketplace... I think that was one just off the QEW hwy around Burlington. Anyway, I've been driving past this one for a couple of months now and just had the yearning to go and try it out. I was impressed by the decor, by the layout, and most importantly by the food. It wasn't dark and heavy like the one I rememberd being at in Ottawa.This was quite bright and open. The staff were friendly and helpful too. Of course, the selling point was the food. I was impressed.

Favorite Dish: I adore their roast beef, but am also enamoured by their... don't laugh... pickled beetroots. Oh, well they had a nice layout of salad, and lots of vegetables in different forms. You can certainly be a vegetarian and get your money's worth out of the place.
Oh... now did I mention their desserts??? I loved their cheesecake, and the apple crisp, and the bread pudding... but the fruit bowl was lovely, fresh and crisp. There was a nice ice cream selection.. and sprinkles and sauces. I heard people raving about their chili and soup. Yeah... guess I wouldn't be off base saying that I was well fed.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: There are 4 - the location I was at in Scarborough is now closed.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Buffet
Website: http://www.tuckers.ca/

• Updated Apr 19, 2013

Comments

CdnJane Used To Live Here!

CdnJane

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Have you been to Toronto?