Tucker's Marketplace: "Hollow Legs Required... I think" Top 5 Page for this destination Tucker's Marketplace Tip by CdnJane
Tucker's Marketplace, Toronto: 3 reviews and 0 photos
It had been years since I was last at a Tucker's Marketplace... I think that was one just off the QEW hwy around Burlington. Anyway, I've been driving past this one for a couple of months now and just had the yearning to go and try it out. I was impressed by the decor, by the layout, and most importantly by the food. It wasn't dark and heavy like the one I rememberd being at in Ottawa.This was quite bright and open. The staff were friendly and helpful too. Of course, the selling point was the food. I was impressed.
Favorite Dish: I adore their roast beef, but am also enamoured by their... don't laugh... pickled beetroots. Oh, well they had a nice layout of salad, and lots of vegetables in different forms. You can certainly be a vegetarian and get your money's worth out of the place.
Oh... now did I mention their desserts??? I loved their cheesecake, and the apple crisp, and the bread pudding... but the fruit bowl was lovely, fresh and crisp. There was a nice ice cream selection.. and sprinkles and sauces. I heard people raving about their chili and soup. Yeah... guess I wouldn't be off base saying that I was well fed.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: There are 4 - the location I was at in Scarborough is now closed.
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels