"Watch Out! The Sun Burns!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sun/Weather/Other Safety Tip by AKtravelers
Sun/Weather/Other Safety, Oahu: 9 reviews and 9 photos
If your coming from non-tropical latitudes during your winter, be careful of the sun on Oahu. It is strong all year round and is amplified by the ubiquitous sand and water. It is very easy to quickly turn into a bright red lobster and fail to enjoy the rest of your trip. If you are the burning type, wear lots of sunscreen and make sure you cover all your skin (I always end up with interesting red patterns on my back).
More Warnings and Dangers in Oahu (6)
More Reviews (87)
- See All The Contemporary Museum: Art & a View
- See All friendly Vietnamese-French food in...
- See All Ko'olau: America's Hardest Golf Course! ...
- See All Hawaiian Waters Water Park: Why?
- See All Walk to Makapu'u Point: See Whales!
- See All Boom!! Fireworks for New Years!
- See All Introduced Species: A Threat to Hawaii
- See All Shop Like a Local at Aloha Stadium
- Air Travel is Required -- for Now!
- See All THE Hotspot is a Bar in a Mall (Really)
- See All A Refurbished Efficiency Hotel
- It's Hawaii! Bring Beach Stuff!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels