"St. Basil's Cathedral" Red Square - Saint Basil Cathedral Tip by HORSCHECK
Red Square - Saint Basil Cathedral, Moscow: 65 reviews and 132 photos
St. Basil's Cathedral is probably the most famous and beautiful church of Moscow.
It consist of eight onion domed chapels representing the 8 assaults on Kazan.
The Cathedral was built between 1555 and 1561 by order of Ivan the Terrible.
The Statue to Minin and Pozharsky which now stands in the garden of the Cathedral was first erected on Red Square in 1818, but was moved to its current position by the Soviets in 1936.
St. Basil's Cathedral, 4 Krasnaya Ploshad, Moscow
St. Basil's Cathedral is located at the southern end of Red Square. The nearest metro stop is Kitai Gorod.
More Reviews (55)
- See All Russian chocolate
- See All In Your Pocket Guide - Moscow
- See All Moscow International Business Centre
- See All Restaurant Hatka Chervona Ruta
- See All Maxima Irbis Hotel
- See All To Sheremetyevo by AeroExpress train
HORSCHECK's Related Pages
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels