Marlin Restaurant at the Lusaka Club: "The Marlin - no compromise!" Top 5 Page for this destination Zambia Restaurant Tip by Saagar

Zambia Restaurants: 13 reviews and 8 photos

Fillet steak with pepper sauce
by Saagar

The Marlin Restaurant is located inside the Lusaka Club. This is a not-for-just-everybody type of place, originally a golf club place, but evolved into a meeting place for (judging from the restaurant clinetele, anyway) expats and their local colleagues in high places. Don't be scared by this, I (with no credentials whatsoever) brought in a bunch of friends. Only trouble was finding a place. Lesson 1 at the Marlin: book a table before you go. Thee is a dress code at the Lusaka Club, but at the marlin, this wasn't required. However, I would recommend that you get out of your safari and road outfit for a visit here.
The place is fairly small, with a bar at one end, and a lounge at the other. Efficient kitchen, service, waiters - impeccable. Amongst some dreary days the Marlin was a highlight.
The menu is large, and walks you through a series of ways to cook up an ox, sheep of fish. Thee were other things, too, but these key items figured in most dishes in one way or the other.
I am impressed that they have not pushed up their prices as the food and atmosphere is by far better than at other places I ate in town. 6 of us ate and drank for USD 108,-
Tuesay-Saturday lunch and dinner, Mondays dinner only, Sunday closed.

Favorite Dish: I wasn't very original in my choice - I went for the fillet pepper steak! The Marlin is reknown for this dish, and I can vouch for it, too!
A picky Namibian friend insisted on grilled fish (Nile perch) and a Swazi colleague missed his highland lamb and went for lamb cutlets. Both choices were apparently excellent.
Good range of wines, but true to local tradition I stuck to Mosi lager as a complement to my pepper steak.

Address: The Marlin, The Lusaka Club, Longacres, Lusaka
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Los Angeles Boulevard out at Longacres.
POB 33892, Lusaka, Zambia.

Phone: 260-1-252206 reservations
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Updated Aug 4, 2005

“It's better to be approximately right than precisely wrong...”

Have you been to Zambia?