"A good bet for Hilo" Top 5 Page for this destination Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel Tip by KiKitC

Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, Hilo: 910 reviews and 5 photos

View from our room

View from our room
      ...at night
      Nice Spot
    by KiKitC

The Hilo Hawaiian is right on the bayfront, and offers great views. It's an older building, the hotel shows it's wear...but everything about it is so..."Hawaiian." I couldn't stop tinking about my parents being here forty years ago, and it looking just as it does now.

The rooms are very clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The best thing about it, we got a waterfront room for under $100 a night. With deals like that, I'll bite.

Hilo can be a great place to start a day at the volcano or exploring waterfalls for the day. There are few "hotels" in Hilo to begin with, and this one fits the bill. It's gonna rain, everyday. But it clears up quickly.

The restaurant downstairs, the Queen's Court, offers a great seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. MAKE reservations. This is popular with the locals.

Unique Qualities: Our room overlooked the cove. Even when it rained, the views was relaxing.

FYI...our room was haunted.

Address: 71 Banyan Drive, Hilo
Comparison: about average
Phone: (808) 935-9361
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.castleresorts.com/HHH/

• Updated Feb 4, 2009

Comments

KiKitC

“The Road Less Traveled?...that's a highway to me...”

Have you been to Hilo?