Noc Noc: "Great music and cheap beers!!!" Seattle Nightlife Tip by sunshinejo

Seattle Nightlife: 149 reviews and 142 photos

I'm quite a fan of alternative or grungy bars myself, so I was in my element when we walked into this place on a Saturday night after hours of trailing around cheesy bars playing pop music. When I saw the sign posted behind the bar saying "$1 beers" I was even happier! We returned the following night, when there was a goth night on, which, not being a scene I'm really into, meant I stuck out like a sore thumb! However, nobody judged me for this, everyone was really friendly, and I still had a fab time, especially as the drinks specials were even better than the night before! A similar thing happened the third time we returned, I love this bar! And, as an added bonus, it's right opposite the "Green Tortoise" hostel, which is where I was staying, so I didn't even have too far to stumble home! As far as I'm concerned, with beers this cheap (one night we were paying a mere 25c per beer!) who cares what the bar's like, but this one manages to pull off a great atmosphere too. If you're looking for somewhere different from your average bar, with good music, a dance floor and cheap booze, then this is the place for you!

Dress Code: When we were there, most people were in full goth get-up - black clothing, heavy make-up, tattoos and piercings, chunky boots... however I was in jeans, a t-shirt, trainers and no make-up and nobody cared! Just wear what you're comfy in!

Address: 1516, Second Avenue, Seattle
Directions: Right opposite the "Green Tortoise" hostel, one block up from Pike's Place Market
Phone: 206 223 1333
Theme: Nightclub

• Written Jul 30, 2005

Comments

sunshinejo

“Time won't wait for you, so do all the things you want to do! - Jamiroquai”

Have you been to Seattle?