"Be wary" Top 5 Page for this destination People to Avoid Tip by davequ

People to Avoid, San Francisco: 67 reviews and 28 photos

The usual warning you get in most large cities:
Be wary of some of the more aggressive homeless types along Market street and near the Tenderloin. If they are drunk or high, staring aggressively, shouting, etc. I make myself scarce.

_________________________________

Pic above/right is of a lady I see occasionally (not that she's homeless, .. I have no idea)
and sometimes stop & chat briefly with on Columbus in North Beach, usually somewhere close by Cafe Vesuvio.

She never yells, she doesn't rave; she just sits on the sidewalk, and she says thanks and squeezes my hand - if and when I give her some dough.

I know lots of people cringe and get tight jaws when bleeding-heart wimps like me cave and give people money.

To each his own:
it is a very complex issue and everyone has a right to an opinion.

***

I hope you never get either verbally or physically assaulted by a homeless person in the City.

I also hope you & your family never have a major life / health crisis that bankrupts you financially, mentally and spiritually.

So beware of the homeless in San Francisco, and also be even more wary of a hard heart. I read somewhere it can be terminal.
Here is a link

Shame of the City

to an excellent in-depth series of personal articles in the SF Chronicle about the homeless in SF, where they live, the areas they inhabit, and some personal stories about many individuals living on the street and what they deal with every day.

Phone: (415) 346-3740
Website: http://www.sf-homeless-coalition.org/

• Updated Jul 23, 2007

Comments

davequ Visits Here Frequently!

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Have you been to San Francisco?