Playa Flamingo Apartments: "Great place to stay!" Isla de Lanzarote Hotel Tip by Julialondon

Isla de Lanzarote Hotels: 88 reviews and 127 photos

We knew that we would probably get the Playa Flamingo even though our holiday with Thomson was allocation on arrival, and were a bit concerned about it being a 'superfamily' hotel as we are a couple in our mid 20's without children, but we were pleasantly surprised. Even though this hotel would definitley be most suitable for families with children as it has facilities and kids clubs designed to make parents and childrens' stays more enjoyable, it was still a nice place to stay. It is an appartment complex which is so big that they supply guests with a map of the complex on arrival. Our room (70B) was nearest the bar, and the noise from the bar could be heard very clearly from our bedroom but this didn't bother us too much as we were mostly out late anyway. The staff were really nice and helpful, and the receptionist and cleaning lady sent me a bottle of wine on my birthday when they noticed my cards sitting on the bedside table. The only downfall to the entire stay was the Thomson reps on the 1st day. We arrived on 6th July and are from London. We told the reps as soon as we heard about the incidents on the 7th, but they didn't mention it at our welcome meeting at 11.30 on 7/7. I felt that that was quite irresponsible considering that the people at the meeting all flew in from Luton the night before.

Unique Qualities: There are 2 pools, one is said to be 'quieter' but all this meant is that there are no organised activities going on. (Tip: Pop across to the Limones and ask to use their pool as it is both quiet and better quality.
There are three supermarkets and three restaurants on the complex. The supermarket under reception gives you a free bottle of wine when you spend over 30 Euros. All restaurants were also lovely. There is another restaurant at the edge of the complex that is spectacular (see my restaurant tips.)
The view is spectacular and can be seen from all balconies. The beach is directly in front of the complex and is for the use of people from the complex.

Address: Playa Flamingo, Playa Blanca
othercontact: Fax: 928.51.76.42
Phone: 928.51.73.00
Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?