Flirt: "My Favourite Politically Active GLBT Club" Ybor City Nightlife Tip by sarahjayn

Ybor City Nightlife: 6 reviews and 6 photos

Lend me some sugar - I am your neighbor!
by sarahjayn

Normally, a place called 'Flirt' would totally make me wretch. I mean, usually that translates to snotty meat market. Not this place, though. It was more like parties at New College (my former school and the one *true* love of my life), where everyone was just dancing to have a good time. I mean, there were definitely some people there who were trying to be impressive, but I not necessarily in a gross way. It was more like how that kids who play double dutch would try to impress each other with really fancy double-dutching, only instead of jumping rope, they're shaking ass. Anwyay, I don't care what anyone says - ghetto dancing is fun!
There's two layers to Flirt - the top floor seemed to play a little bit more top-40s music and the like, where as the bottom floor was more ghetto superstar.
If you drink, try and get the boy bartender . . . everyone says the girl bartenders mix a really weak drink.
Also, this place hates Rhonda Storms as much as I do and has formed a campaign to stop her. How many clubs do you know that do things like that?

Dress Code: There's no dress code at Flirt. I wore a strapless party dress and my converse. I saw people in jeans and t-shirts, people all swanked up, etc.

Address: 1909 N 15th Street, Ybor City, Fl, 33605
Directions: If you're coming from I-4, exit 22nd street and head south for, like a block. Turn right on Palm Avenue and then left on 15th. Drop your friends off and find a place to park.
othercontact: FlirtNightClub@aol.com
Theme: Nightclub
Website: http://www.flirtybor.com

• Updated Jul 24, 2005

Comments

sarahjayn

“Talk to strangers!”

Have you been to Ybor City?