"Jerash: Roman monuments" Top 5 Page for this destination Jerash - Gerasa Tip by Cristian_Uluru
Jerash - Gerasa, Jordan: 87 reviews and 157 photos
- Cardo Maximus: The Cardo maximus starts from the north of the oval Plaza. It is bordered by two colonnades of ionic style mostly dating from the first century AD. The way was bordered of shops, religious buildings and fountains;
- Artemis Temple: built in the middle of the second century AD, quickly became the main temple of the city. Artemis is comparable with the Tyché (Fortune), goddess of the city. The temple is peristyle and its frontage, still decorated with its colonnade of Corinthian style, visible from whole the site;
- Ninpheum: The thermal baths located at the west of the city, just below the northern tetrapylon, date from the second century. It is one of the first examples of Roman construction where the dome rests on a square level.
In Jerash there are many other things to see like the North and South Tetrapylon, the South Gate, The Cathedral, The North Teatre and many churches. You can find all the information about them on my Jerash page.
More Reviews (15)
- See All Jordan Aviation
- Making the sand bottles
- See All A nice hotel few metres from the Red Sea
- See All Shops in the Dead Sea Highway
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Have you been to Jordan?Share Your Travels