"Jerash: Roman monuments" Top 5 Page for this destination Jerash - Gerasa Tip by Cristian_Uluru
Jerash - Gerasa, Jordan: 87 reviews and 157 photos
In Jerash there are many monuments to see and you need almost half a day to see it very well!!!
Ones of the best monuments of Gerasa are:
- Hadrian's arch: Erected in the 129-130 and intended to mark the limit of an urban extension, the Hadrian's arch should have become the new southern gate of the city after its enlarging;
- Oval Square: The oval or rather elliptic Plaza was built between the first and second century of our era. This architectural element shows the inventiveness of the architects of the time to avoid any rupture with the layout of the cardo which does not arrive in the axis of the monumental staircase of the temple;
- South Theatre: Put againstwith the hill of the temple, the South theatre is impressive. Oldest of the city (first century AD), it could accomodate from 4000 to 5000 spectators. The wall of scene is decorated with Corinthian columns. Acoustics preserved its original quality.
More Reviews (15)
- See All Jordan Aviation
- Making the sand bottles
- See All A nice hotel few metres from the Red Sea
- See All Shops in the Dead Sea Highway
Cristian_Uluru's Related Pages
Have you been to Jordan?Share Your Travels