Bella Notte's: "Beautiful Night" Top 5 Page for this destination Lexington Restaurant Tip by Krumlovgirl

Lexington Restaurants: 70 reviews and 86 photos

There are many good things to be said of Bella Notte?s. I am a huge lover of Italian food and honestly am really hard to please when it comes to eating it. That?s because I?ve eaten a lot of it and had the real thing in Italy and Croatia and tend to know what I like and how I like it. But Bella Notte?s almost always gets it right. Although it?s located on one of the busiest streets in Lexington and looks like an average chain restaurant from the outside, the quality of the food is always top notch. The minute you walk in the doors the aroma of freshly baked bread, light marinara sauce, and oregano hits you like a sledge hammer. If you?re not hungry when you go there, you will be as soon as your senses take over. The decorations are whimsy and tasteful, the service good, and the menu extensive and reasonably priced.

Favorite Dish: One of my favorite things is the free bread that comes with the meals. I usually end up taking an extra loaf home with me. It?s a little hard on the outside and really soft on the inside and I?ve never had a loaf that wasn?t warm. For main dishes I tend to either go with the pizza margherita or penne arrabiata. The arrabiata is too spicy for some people, but if you like a little kick to your pasta it will definitely add something. Sometimes I order plain penne pasta covered in tomato basil sauce which is a little like a mixture of alfredo and marinara. It?s only listed on the lunch menu, but if you ask for it they?ll fix it anytime of the day. The tiramisu is really good for dessert.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: After you turn on to Nicholasville Road from Man o War Blvd. it's a few lights down on the left.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.bellalexington.com/

• Written Jul 20, 2005

Comments

Krumlovgirl Visits Here Frequently!

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Have you been to Lexington?