"The last evening....." Abisko Things to Do Tip by sim1

Abisko Things to Do: 16 reviews and 36 photos

Cosy evening at the campfire
by sim1

The last evening has arrived; unfortunately our trip has come to an end. Now all that waits us is the long trip home tomorrow. 20 hours by train.... sigh..... But I have these wonderful memories of the Fjällen that I will never forget. And I am already dreaming of a next trip. Most likely next summer already!

This last evening is a cosy evening, sitting at the campfire with a drink in my hand and we reminisce over the past week. We are going through the highlights, wonderful moments and struggles. It hasn't all been easy, but it has been worth it.

A German couple joins us at the campfire and we start talking. We pass on our experiences and tips to them as they will start to hike tomorrow.... I envy them so much. I want to go back?. right now! And do the same hike again. But I know that is just a dream in my mind....

I think it is safe to conclude that I am hooked on the Fjällen as so many others have become hooked to it. It is like a virus you catch, if you have been here once, you want to come back and 'feel' the Fjällen again. I will be back, I know that....

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/3223f/

• Updated Jul 23, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”