Northern Indian Food?: "Great Indian Food" North Indian Cuisine Tip by backpackerbaby

North Indian Cuisine, Sydney: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Mango Lassi+Beef Vindaloo+Matter Mushroom+rice.
by backpackerbaby

I just walked pass this restaurant when I was wandering along Oxford Street at night, figuring out where to have my last supper in Sydney. There's another Indian restaurant next door but was obviously less popular. As it's really late and cold, I didn't want to waste time exploring the wonderful Oxford Street just because of searching for food, so I decided to eat here after visiting the Dirt Cheap CD Store nearby.

Take away is cheaper but I wanted to sit down and enjoy my meal. You can choose up to 3 different types of curry, both meat and vegies can be chosen. Small, medium and large plates are available. For me, a medium one was more than enough. I picked Beef Vindaloo with Matter Mushroom, it's AUD7.40; together with my beloved mango lassi, I spent less than AUD10 for my farewell dinner ; )

Favorite Dish: Without doubt, Mango Lassi !!! It's just AUD1.90, very delicious!!! I'd love to take a second one if I were not full... hmm, yummY!

Address: Oxford Street near Crown Street
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: There is another similar restaurant next door. This one I recommend is further away from Crown Street.
Phone: 93607229
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Indian

• Written Jul 19, 2005

backpackerbaby Visits Here Frequently!

“Pack your bag and go ahead!”

Have you been to Sydney?