"Just walk!" Walking in London Tip by Manyana

Walking in London, London: 58 reviews and 47 photos

by Manyana

If you're not used to walking for long distances, you'd feel driven to walk in hurry, just to walk with the flow; amazing!

When you want to cross street, you'd always see this sign 'Look Right' or 'Look Left' indicating where the traffic would come from. At the beginning, I didn't know what the means so I just look as it was written until a friend told me what,lol.

There is also 'WAIT' service at each traffic light. Press the button so the traffic light would turn red and cars would stop. Once I thought, this is a *** and it's only psychology to make us patient. So I didn't press any button and cars never stopped. So do press the WAIT button to cross streets and the green light would allow you to walk.

Be ready to walk for one hour or so. Sometimes transportation is really expensive and walking is the most economic way to get around. One my colleagues and I walked for two hours on a day-trip. So have a map of London's roads, shake your feet and go:^)

Type: Other

• Updated Aug 13, 2005

Manyana Lives Here!

“"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but how to dance in the rain"”

Have you been to London?