Zizzi: "Best Pizza Chain?" Zizzi Tip by londonbabe

Zizzi, London: 12 reviews and 20 photos

Pizza Express started off the pizza chain revolution in the UK 40 years ago. It's still going, but struggling to keep pace with a rash of competitors, including Strada and Zizzi. Strada make a big play of their wood fired oven, but I think Zizzi beat them on taste. And, whilst I don't take a tape measure along everytime I have a Fiorentina (why do I always have Fiorentina? note to self - be more adventurous next time) I reckon Zizzi are the biggest.
Zizzi also win on their choice of calzone - the folded over 'pillow' pizza, and whilst I haven't had any of their pastas (somehow, the spinach and egg always win), the plates on other people's tables look good. Also a nice range of salads if you're feeling virtuous.
The staff in the Richmond branch are great - the girls in the Earls Court branch aren't as nice. We asked one waitress to bring the glass of white we ordered, which was sitting on the bar, but she said ' no that's not my job!'
The wine is a bit of a let down, though. Especially the whites, cheaply sourced, are OK but nothing special. But then, if you're just out because you can't be bothered to cook, then the wine is there to wash away the day's stress - which it does!
Design is clean and simple - lots of wood, including loads of logs in display niches on the wall.
Price: starters around 4-5, pizza 6-7.50, pasta 7-8, salads 7, desserts 3.50-4. Wine on average 14.

Address: All over the UK - about 16 branches in London
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Check the restaurant finder section of the website for your nearest
Phone: +44 20 7370 1999
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Pizza
Website: http://www.zizzi.co.uk/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 16, 2005

londonbabe Lives Here!

“Not all who wander, are lost”

Have you been to London?