"Watch a Baseball Game at RFK Stadium" Washington D.C. Things to Do Tip by mydreamquest

Washington D.C. Things to Do: 2,776 reviews and 6,209 photos

At a Nationals game, June 2005

At a Nationals game, June 2005
      Tones in RFK Stadium in DC
      Watching Baseball at RFK Stadium
      Approaching RFK
    by mydreamquest

Named after Robert F. Kennedy (RFK), this stadium is now home of the newest baseball team, the Washington Nationals. And in their first season, they are currently a playoff contending team in first place in their division.

Here I am at a Nationals vs Toronto Blue Jays game. Unfortunately, the Nationals lost this game.

RFK is also where the Redskins play football and where their Soccer team (DC United) plays at I think.

For about $20 or so, you can purchase tickets on line and enjoy watching America's famous pasttime: baseball.

If you are not from the US, Baseball is a very big part of American Culture. Of course the diversity in the US is so great that this is debateable, but I'd have to say it's the most important sport in our culture.

One of my hobbies is visiting baseball parks. It gives me a great perspective in seeing different parts of the USA. Each city's fans have their own unique personalities.

Built in 1962, it has a capacity of 55,000+.

Address: 2400 East Capitol Street, S.E.
Directions: Take the Metro (DC's underground system) to RFK stadium station. It's easily accessible by the Metro.
Website: http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/rfksta.htm

• Written Jul 15, 2005

Comments

mydreamquest

“"I love being lost in a country where the chances of me returning are less than the chances of me being robbed."”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?